Friday 25 September 2020

Self-Esteem Vs Self Confidence


Often times nothing profits more than self – esteem, grounded on what is just and right... Trust thyself.

- John Milton

I receive quite a number of questions on the difference between self-confidence and self-esteem on various occasions.

Perhaps you have also thought about the connection between the two characters before. 

Now, come with me, let's hit the points together...


Here is the fact:

The confidence which we have in ourselves engenders the greatest part of that we have in others.

Self–esteem is the quality of the relations we have with ourselves

Self-confidence can be derived from being successful in one area of life, whereas self-esteem is how highly we regard ourselves as a person. It’s how much we like, value, and accept ourselves...


"But how can I develope self-esteem and self-confidence?"

If you must succeed in any relationship, job or business,,, self-esteem and self-confidence are survival skills that must be in your social tool-box

Despite the fact that many people attempt to pursue high self-esteem through ‘doing’ – earning more money, being more successful or altering their bodies through plastic surgery or dieting; becoming more confident in one area doesn’t necessarily mean your self-esteem improves at the same rate.

This is because self-esteem is an internal way of measuring your self-worth and sense of belonging in the world. If you’re trying to ‘improve’ yourself in order to feel acceptable, the ‘improvement’ might just drive home the idea that you were unacceptable in the first place.


So, how do you raise your self-esteem? How do you grow your self-confidence? 

Well it's easy! Just use one bullet for the two birds!

This is what I mean... To raise your self-esteem and your self-confidence, you must Do things from a goal of self-care and self-love.

On first view, ‘doing things’ might seem to counteract what I said above about the fact that doing things to improve your self-confidence would not necessarily improve your self-esteem.

However, ‘doing things’ for the right reason is very different from doing things for the wrong reason when it comes to boosting self-esteem.

When you start from a point of self-care and self-love, you are essentially saying to yourself, “I love and value myself enough to exercise, earn a comfortable living, have a fulfilling career, attain a healthy weight” etc.

This is vastly different from saying, “nobody will love me unless I’m thin”, or, “I need to prove to everyone how good I am by earning as much money as possible”.


Before you make a decision about what you want to achieve, ask yourself this question:

"Why am I doing this?" 

“Am I doing this because I love myself and want to take care of myself”?

Or,

“Am I doing this because I want to make myself more lovable and acceptable?”


To be continued! 😊


Now—what do you think? 


Do you think self-esteem and self confidence is related?

Are they the same?

Or are they entirely different from each other?


There is more information about this subject on the free e-book I have prepared for you — plus actionable steps on how to discover your strength, talents and purpose in 30 days — Click Here to get it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Started with Exness Copy Trading: A Beginner's Guide

Imagine achieving financial freedom by leveraging the expertise of successful traders.  With Exness Copy Trading, this dream can become a re...